Monday, November 9, 2009

Monday Meditation in Honor of Native American Month


The Dancing Sky



Give Us Hearts to Understand

Great Spirit, whose beautiful earth grows ugly with misuse,


help us to find the way to restore beauty to your handiwork.

Great Spirit, whose creatures are being destroyed,

help us to find a way to replenish them.

Great Spirit, whose gifts to us are being lost in selfishness and corruption,

help us to find the way to restore our humanity.

Oh, Great Spirit, whose voice I hear in the wind,

whose breath gives life to the world, hear me;

I need your strength and wisdom.

May I walk in Beauty.



This prayer is but a part of the wonderful Native American prayers and blessings and awesome photos at

I am so thrilled. I won the Imagine print in the charades game at Another Bright Idea.
And Felicia did a wonderful feature of my paintings. Go take a look.
 Thanks Felicia!



No comments:

Post a Comment