Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Shiny and Sparkly Gypsy Jewels


Gypsy Jewels

8x8 gallery wrap acrylic
 SOLD

Art is a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist does the better.

                                                                                                                                - Andre Gide



I just can't seem to stay away from my metallic paint for very long when painting these ponies. The grayish days of winter seem to call for some shininess. I love the way the sky sparkles in Gypsy Jewels.

I also can't seem to get away from doctoring real ponies.
My darling Miami has had rain rot for months and though it's getting better I'm still scrubbing and medicating her skin. She now has has pink spots on her white spots. If that shows up in a painting you know where it came from. :)

Miami and Missy both have white line, a bacterial type of infection in their hooves. So more scrubbing, picking and medication on eight hooves. I am always glad they don't have more feet by the time I'm done. And with all that scrubbing they should both be shiny and sparkly, but they are just kinda grumpy.


The High Maintenance Girls




And Flash, well he's healthy as a horse.






No comments:

Post a Comment