Monday, April 26, 2010

Persistence

Silver Wings
available at Lancaster Art

Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan, 'Press on,' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race --Calvin Coolidge

Persistence is what it took for me to finish this phase of work on the barn. Though tool malfunctions to many human malfunctions, I kept pressing on just stopping for tornado warnings and lightning. Finally I got to the last stall door latches and figured out how many wrong ways they could be installed before getting it right.
(sigh)

I finished planting the garden and moved into the tepee. I did a new series of trenches inside and out to try to stay dryer than  did last year. With as much rain as we had last year the only way I could be wetter is by wearing scuba gear. Anyway I didn't have to wait long for a storm to roll through to test my trenches and new ozan (partial ceiling). The tornado warning kept me in the studio and closer to the cellar, but I was pleasantly surprised to see very little water in the tepee.

I am working towards more simplified days revolving around painting and riding. We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Très jolie cette nouvelle peinture... Lui, au moins il évitera de se mouiller... les sabots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martine, Thanks so much. I think he will keep his little hooves dry. :)

    ReplyDelete