Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sour Cherry Jelly

Both Hands Open

The sour cherry tree was absolutely loaded with cherries this year. The birds took their customary top section but left us many buckets full.


I started making jelly


and jelly


and more jelly.


Then I thought ok I'll just freeze the rest of them.



It was then I noticed that the family was going thought a pint of this jelly every day. My sister says it tastes like cherry jolly ranchers. It is so good, sweet and tart at the same time.


Luckily I had two granddaughters over for several days. Then we started getting serious about making sour cherry jelly. We got to the very last batch and filled the last quart jar. I heard a cracking sound. I thought I imagined it. When I went to pick up the jar a quart of hot cherry jelly went everywhere.

We mopped and mopped. It was still sticky. We mopped and mopped. Finally got the floor where it was not sticky.

We are enjoying the blessing from the cherry tree.
Both Hand Open
6"x6" gallery wrap acrylic









No comments:

Post a Comment