Friday, February 11, 2011

Chickens and Snow

Good Night Moon
sold

My chickens have been unhappy with the 8" of snow we got. They finally ventured out after two days and went to the barn.
When I fed the chickens only half were there. At sunset I head back down and half a dozen chickens were still at the barn not wanting to cross the snow to get back to the chicken house.
I did not want to catch them all and wade through the snow so I called them and figured they would be OK at the barn if they didn't make it to the chicken house.

I get halfway back and my little tame hen Lucy runs up to me and wants me to carry her to the hen house. I do.

I need to get a life.
:)



4 comments:

  1. ha! That is how it is with animals :) Too cute!

    And I LOVE THIS PRINT TOO :) This would be a good nursery one! I just cannot decide!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Allison they get to you don't they.
    This painting is an original. I am planning a larger one for a frame I have and will probably get prints of that one.

    Have you decided on a birth plan yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dang it sold already! Ha! I need to be more on the ball.

    My birth plan is to make it through ;) Actually, I would like to go natural, but I don't know if I will be able to or not, so my goal is to hold off on any meds as long as i can and then only get minimal to get me through hopefully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Votre cheval endormi sur le croissant de lune est vraiment très beau...
    Je vous fais plein de bisous et des caresses à vos amis à quatre et deux pattes...

    ReplyDelete