Friday, October 22, 2010

Getting my Head Back into Painting



Messenger sold
It's been a busy week here Jo Anne returned from the hospital after her heart attack. She is doing very well.
I talked Dad into going to the nursing home for respite care and physical therapy. He will go next week.
Ive spent alot of time talking to doctors, nurses and other health care people.
Then there are the renters and all the stuff with the rental properties, Dad and Jo Anne's business that we run (are stuck with) now.

Then I try to sit down to paint in between. I think I will never be able to get my head wrapped around it. I flip through my numerous sketchbooks filled with ready made ideas and escape.
Sisters of the Horse

I think with all the distractions I've had the paintings will suffer, but I've found some of my best work comes out of times of great stress and many distractions.
After all these years it's autopilot. Sit at the easel.....and it just comes.

2 comments:

  1. true...it does come, its harder to get in...but once your in...it does come...keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melody. I think this but it is never true. Fear rears its ugly head....

    ReplyDelete