Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Art Business, Business, Business


The last month I have immersed myself in business. Getting the website up was a huge project, there was the big honking T shirt project and adding more prints.

The website is fantastic. Clicpik was certainly the right choice for me. All went pretty smooth until it came time to pay my yearly $54 fee. My bank would not let me use my debit card for an overseas transaction. I had to go to the bank and do a bank transfer. No only did it cost me $40 but took a while as the gals down there did not have a clue how to do it.

Did I say I live in a really small town?

If you haven't checked it out you can here.

Then there was the tshirt project. This was different for me as I have only ever done paintings and had no desire to sell t shirts but....
I had this idea mainly because this is how I describe myself. It kept kicking around in my head and would not leave me alone.

So I finally did it.
It came with a myriad of issues as well, from getting my local printer to produce anywhere near my time frame, to promotions and now the big storage issue in my already cramped studio.
I ordered adorable tags from moo.com with my paintings on them
and purchased resealable cello bags for the T's.
 
They officially went on sale yesterday and the sales have been good so far. I've got my fingers crossed.
 
 

I keep adding more prints of my paintings. Across the Universe (above) and Outriders (top) will be available real soon.
 I have been using Fine Print Imaging. They are fantastic! If you decide to have prints made I would highly recommend these great folks. If you use me as a referral (Diana Lancaster) they will show me some love and $.

I am soo ready to get back to painting.
Whew, all the business stuff just makes my head spin.

No comments:

Post a Comment